JBL Reptil Desert UV Light - 15W - E27
- Compact lamp with high UVA and UVB emission for desert terrariums and 6500 Kelvin for very natural lighting
- Maintenance of desert animals, such as pogonas, tortoises, whiptail lizards, adapted to their needs.
- UV supply adapted to the species: stimulation of activity, appetite and typical reproductive behavior thanks to UVA, optimal calcium metabolism thanks to UVB.
- Recommended distance from the animal: 5 to 8 cm for an exposure of 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Included in delivery: one compact lamp with E27 socket.
Nature as a model
Terrarium animals are cold-blooded animals that are highly dependent on light, especially its quality and intensity. Activity, food consumption, digestion or resting phases are influenced by the alternation of day and night and by the intensity of light. Light output and light quality differ depending on the light source.
The right light for your terrarium
For terrarium animals that need UV light, it's important to think about both the UV supply and the heat needs of the animals. If the UV lamp generates heat (eg JBL UV-Spot plus, JBL RetilDesert LUW Light alu), there will also be a temperature drop in the terrarium when the lighting is switched off in the evening. If this is not desired, the heat supply must be done separately, e.g. ex. via a heating mat (JBL TerraTemp heatmat).
Energy-saving lamps like the JBL ReptilDesert UV-Light produce very little heat and are therefore ideal for animals that only need a little heat. For others, they must be supplemented with a heating mat for heat development. The separation of heat production and UV production offers the advantage of being able to precisely regulate the night temperature.